The Analytic Network Process (ANP) is the most comprehensive framework for the analysis of societal, governmental and corporate decisions that is available today to the decision-maker.
To obtain the software you need only register, go to the Get it! section, click download, and indicate your agreement to abide by the beta tester’s license. We would appreciate it if you would get back to us with any questions or bugs you encounter. You may use the Help, Submit Bug command on the ANP software main menu to submit a bug – you must be connected to the Internet to do this. This automatically gives us information about the...
“SuperDecisions is decision making software based on the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) and the Analytic Network Process (ANP). Decision making is all about setting priorities and the AHP and ANP, award-winning decision processes are the way to do that.
CALL FOR PAPERS OPEN AS OF DECEMBER 15, 2015
International Symposium on the Analytic Hierarchy Process
Click the “read more” button below to get your serial number (you must be logged in).Read more
Register on this website then login. Select the install file you need for your computer’s operating system and click the Download button. You must be logged in and agree to the license before you can download the software. It runs on Windows 7, Windows 10, the Mac and Linux. The www.superdecisions.com site also has helpful materials, such as tutorials and sample models.
Windows installation instructions
For version 2.0 and greater, the following instructions apply.
- Click the “I agree” button to show you agree with the license. Select Windows 7 or Windows 10 and click the download button.
- Double-click on the WinRAR zipped archive file that appears. For Windows 7 it is Windows 7-latest-beta.zip.
- A folder named Windows 7-latest-beta will be extracted. If you receive a message that the archive is empty you do not have the necessary unzip program on your computer. Here is a link to one you can install: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0
- Double-click the windows7-latest-beta folder that has been extracted.
- Double-click the SuperDecisionsInstallation folder that appears
- Double-click the file install.exe. It will install the SuperDecisions program (and also the vcredist_x86.exe file if it is not already installed on your computer).
- Follow the rest of the installation instructions.
Mac installation instructions
The downloaded application file is mac-latest-beta.dmg. Double click the dmg to mount it, and drag-drop the SuperDecisions application to the Applications folder (or the desktop, or where ever you wish). That is it.
After you run the application the first time, it will associate .sdmod files with it, so you can then double click those files to launch them.
Linux installation instructions
If you are running ubuntu, you can install the software as above, or use ubuntu’s software management to install (which gives the added bonus of automatically updating superdecisions whenever we make a new release).
In order to do this, follow these steps instead of the above generic linux installation instructions.
- Add our software repository. To do this, go to the top menu and choose the menu “System->Administration->Software Sources”. Click on the “Third Party” tab, and choose “Add”. For apt-line type in deb http://superdecisions.com/sd-deb-repo binary-amd64/for 64 bit installation or deb http://superdecisions.com/sd-deb-repo binary-i386/ for 32 bit installation. Then close the “Software sources” window, and select “Reload”. Now that ubuntu knows about SuperDecisions, you just need to install.
- From a command line (i.e. choose “Applications->Accessories->Terminal”) run the following command
sudo apt-get install superdecisions
- Note:The application is currently not signed, so you will have to agree to install it unsigned.
Running the software after you install it
The SuperDecisions icon will be placed on the desktop. Double-click it to run the software. the first time you do this a registration pop-up window will appear. It has a serial number field you must fill out. To generate your serial number go to the Bugs and Support tab on the main menu and select Get Serial Number. You can copy and paste the number that appears into the field.
Known issues for Mac users
- Mac OS X security by default does not allow all .app extensions to be installed. At worst, it will throw an error message that the app “is damaged and can’t be opened.” This error makes you believe that the downloaded app is corrupted and that there is no application that could let it open. However, this is just a security issue setting on the Mac. It can be changed as follows: Go to the Apple icon, and chose System Preferences.
- Under System Preferences, choose Security & Privacy.
- Choose the General tab.
- Change the “Allow apps downloaded from” option to Anywhere.
Known issues for all Windows users
- A common error message says a .dll is missing. One example is: “MSVCR120.dll is missing”
- Go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 and download the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
- You may need either the 64 package or the 86 package. The most common one today is the 86 package, so the easiest thing to do is to start by downloading and installing this one. If this does not work, try the 64 package.
Display issues for Windows 10 users
- to enlarge the display settings for Windows 10 users right-click on the desktop, select Properties and Display Settings and change the font size, 175% works well.